UPSC PRELIMS SYLLABUS
Paper I (General Studies)
- Current Events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian national movement.
- Indian and World Geography - physical, social, economic geography of India and the world.
- Indian Polity and governance – constitution, political system, panchayat raj, public policy, Rights issues, etc.
- Economic & Social Development - sustainable development, poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives etc.
- General issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and climate change-that do not require subject specialization.
- General Science
Paper II (CSAT)
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- Decision making and problem solving.
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc. (Class X level),Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. –Class X level).
- English language comprehension skills (Class X level).
1. The CSAT aptitude test or Paper-II of the Civil Services (Preliminary) examination will be a qualifying paper only with a minimum of 33% to be secured to sit for the Civil Services (Mains) exam.
2. The questions in both Paper-I (GS) and Paper-II (CSAT) will be of multiple choice, objective type for 200 marks each and the time allotted for each paper is two hours.
3. It is mandatory for the candidate to appear in both the papers of Civil Services (Prelim) examination for the purpose of evaluation. Therefore a candidate will be disqualified in case he or she does not appear in both the papers of the (Prelims) exam.
Go to UPSC MAINS SYLLABUS