A A Shah’s Scholarship cum Entrance Test (ASSET)
UPSC – CSE 2020
A. Shah’s Scholarship-cum-Entrance Test (ASSET) 2020
“A. A. Shah’s Scholarship-cum-Entrance Test’ (ASSET) for candidates preparing for UPSC- CSE 2020.
Date & Time: Sunday 13th October, 2019
General Studies Paper-I (GS) at 09:00 am to 09:40 am
General Studies Paper-II (CSAT) at 10:00 am to 10:40 am
(Reporting Time: Candidates must report for the Test at least
15 minutes prior to the schedule Test)
Venue: A. A. Shah’s IAS Institute,
Fort: Gurukripa, Bahubali Building, Ground Floor, Behind
Meher House, Cawasji Patel Street, Fort, Mumbai – 400 001.
Dadar: Gohartaj, 221, Dr. B. A. Road, Near Hindmata, Dadar (East), Mumbai – 400 014.
Thane: 3rd Floor, Pranjpe Udhyog Bhavan, Opp, Shivsagar Restaurant, Station Road, Thane (West) – 400601.
Test is free of cost subject to prior registration.
Last date of Registration:
Last date of registration for the Test is 10th October, 2019.
Top five rank holders to get scholarship as under
1st rank – 25% of basic fee
2nd rank – 20% of basic fee
3rd rank – 15% of basic fee
4th rank – 10% of basic fee
5th rank – 10% of basic fee
Syllabus & Pattern:
* The Test shall be offline based on the syllabus and pattern of UPSC – Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination and as such will consist of two papers of objective type (multiple choice questions), namely General Studies Paper-I (GS) and General Studies Paper-II (CSAT).
* There shall be negative marking for incorrect answers. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, one-third (0.33) of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
* General studies Paper-II of the Test shall be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%.
* Each of General Studies Paper-I and Paper-II shall have 30 questions. Each question will be of 2 marks. Each paper will have maximum 60 marks.
* Each paper will be of 40 minutes duration.
* It is mandatory for the candidates to appear in both the papers of the Test.
* Percentage of marks obtained by the candidates will be calculated from marks secured in Paper-I, provided the candidate has secured minimum qualifying 33% marks in Paper-II.
Candidates who are eligible for UPSC Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination 2020 and who intend to secure admission in Classroom course of GS (Pre-cum-Mains) 2020 or GS (Pre) 2020 batch of the Institute are eligible for writing the Test.
Admission in GS (Pre-cum-Mains) 2020 / GS (Pre) 2020 Batch:
* Fresh Batches commence from 2 November, 2019.
* Top 5 rankers in the Test shall be eligible for discount in the Course Fee.
* Course Fee for GS (Pre-cum-Mains) 2020 Batch at Fort is Rs.1,15,000/- (Rupees One Lac Fifteen Thousand Only)
* Course Fee for GS (Pre) 2020 Batch at Dadar, Thane is Rs.35,000/- (Rupees Thirty Five Thousand Only)
* Eligible candidates shall register online by submitting “Registration Form: Scholarship-cum-Entrance Test” by clicking the link https://goo.gl/QH8otH
* Two passport size recent photographs of the candidates are to be submitted before writing the Test.
Terms and Conditions:
* Candidates are required to maintain strict discipline.
* Institute has right to cancel the registration and / or to restrain the candidate from writing the Test.
* Decision of the Institute with regard to the test, including correct answer, allocation of marks and calculation of percentage etc., shall be final and binding upon the candidates and as such the same shall not be subject to challenge in any manner.
* Each candidate writing the Test has explicitly agreed to all the terms and conditions for the Test.
All the Best.-