UPSC Prelims Exam Last Minute Tips
UPSC Prelims 2019 is approaching on 2nd June 2019, the day when all your efforts would be put to test. To prepare you well for the UPSC Prelims exam day, we present you some last minute tips for UPSC prelims Exam day.
- Take a printout of the Hall Ticket to avoid last minute hustle.
- If the centre is in another city, then reach the destination city a day or 2 before the exam day.
- Avoid night journey before the day of the exam.
- Visit the examination centre a day before the exam, to avoid any last-minute delays as sometimes locations are incorrectly marked on the GPS apps.
- Do not read any new study material or books.
- Do not set any target of marks you want to score in the Prelims.
- Revise Basics of core subjects – history, geography, polity, ecology, economy as it covers more than 60% of the questions asked in UPSC exams every year.
- Take extra care of your health – eat well, sleep well.
- Stay away from negative, demoralising people before the UPSC Prelims exam. Always keep positive company, even during the exam break between paper 1 and paper 2.
- Do not discuss UPSC Prelims Paper 1 questions during the exam break, as it may demoralise you, impact your performance in UPSC Prelims paper 2.
- Do not attempt questions of which you have no idea about in the UPSC Prelims Exam.
- Be ready for surprises, because that’s what UPSC specialises in.
- Mark the OMR sheet properly.
- UPSC is also a test of temperament, so don’t get panicked if there are difficult questions at the beginning of UPSC Prelims Exam. Keep calm and move onto the next question.
- Last but not the least – Stay positive.